All FloGymnastics shows
Recruiting 101: Perks Of Being On A College Team
Oct 19, 2017
Did you know there are “perks” to being on college athletic teams? I'm speaking to the items beyond the athletic scholarship of tuition, room and board, fees, and books.
Not all the teams have the same perks, and typically the college teams that are in the strongest conferences have the most items they can offer to their athletes. This is mainly because it comes down to money.
The conferences that have the most money coming into their athletic departments due to TV contracts and donors will have the most items they can legally offer to the student-athlete. Of course, these items must be NCAA-approved.
Below are just a few of the potential perks of being on an NCAA team:
1. Early registration
2. Training tables
3. Immediate family support system from the team
4. Travel throughout the country
5. Athletic trainers at all practice and competitions
6. Mental skills training by professionals
8. Friends for life from your teammates
9. Expenses within the NCAA rules
10. Dorms and housing specific to the athlete
11. Private chefs
12. Health care
14. Art supplies
15. Studying facilities
17. Workout clothing
18. Student assistance fund
20. Complimentary tickets to home and away games
JH Consulting is an advising business for parents and club gymnasts. Parents hire Jill to help them navigate the college recruiting process. You can call her for a FREE consultation by going to www.jhicksconsulting.com