This is a great week to enjoy some down time with friends and family. Catching up and reflecting on what you are thankful for is so good for all of us. It can also be a great time to catch up on your recruiting items you may need to get done.
For the recruit:
1. Video your upgrades and or routines that you plan to compete for 2017
2. Update your websites and Youtube links
3. Research additional schools
4. Send updated emails to college coaches
5. If you are a senior, apply to colleges
6. If you are taking/retaking ACT or SAT, study for tests
7. Possibly go on or set up some unofficial visits
8. Register with the Eligibility Center
9. Enhance your mental competition skills by finding a good book or podcast
10. GIVE: Find someone or something you can give to this week!
"Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it." - Ralph Marston
As a gymnast, the days are full and structured all year. This week should be a time of physical healing of your body and mental strengthening for the season ahead. Use your time wisely, but don't forget to rest and enjoy this great week of Thanksgiving.
Jill Hicks is a past Elite gymnast and college coach. She is now an advisor to parents and club gymnasts as they walk through the college gymnastics recruiting process. You can find her at www.jhicksconsulting.com She also has an online course available for parents and young gymnasts called ROADMAP TO RECRUITING, with 10 modules and a workbook.