Recruiting 101: Basic Rules and Regulations
Basic College Recruiting Rules and Regulations
1. You become a Prospective Student Athlete (PSA) when you begin 9th grade.
2. The NCAA has Recruiting Calendars for each Division. The rules are more stringent for Division 1.
3. You can receive information in the mail anytime pertaining to:
- Summer Camps
- Questionnaire Forms
- NCAA Material
- Non athletic publications
5. Unofficial Visits: Your parents can pay for you to visit as many campus's as you like and at any age. When you are on campus, the college coach can speak to you.
6. Official Visits: Colleges can pay for you to visit their campus your senior year of high school. You are allowed five official visits.
7. Phone calls: If you call a college coach they may speak to you at anytime.
Recruiting 101: Tips for Starting the Process
Recruiting 101: Know Your Options