5 Reasons You'll Want To See The 2017 Chow's Challenge
1. Top TalentThe level 10 sessions are packed with talent, as usual. Four gymnasts competing this weekend at the Galveston Convention Center were ranked in the top 100 of our level 10 national rankings last year: Carly Bauman, Jennifer Oh, Alexis Stokes, and Brooklynn Bloxom. But the talent doesn't stop there. The roster features many other Junior Olympic stars, including Sophia Groth, Morgan Trevor, Emma Brown, and Lauren Farley. Check out the full roster here.
2. Nastia Cup QualifierThe competition is one of the few Nastia Liukin Cup qualifiers, and the top finishing junior level 10 will advance to the prestigious event, which is held in March in Newark, New Jersey. Sophia Groth, who will be competing in Galveston this weekend, has already qualified, and the Chow's Challenge roster includes numerous gymnasts who've competed in the Nastia Cup in previous years. Last year, Haleigh Bryant of Everest qualified from this meet after posting a 38.45. Watch her 9.775 floor routine below:
3. Host Chow and Chow's GymnasticsLegendary Olympic coach Liang Chow and his gym Chow's Gymnastics and Dance Institute are hosting this competition, and the meet is always run well and proves to be a great time for gymnasts, coaches, and fans. Chow talked to us at last year's meet about the Challenge and more:
4. The Potential of a Perfect 10We're now a few weeks into season, and the elusive perfect 10 has been awarded to the best of the best. With the incredible gymnasts at the Challenge this weekend, we're hoping to see one here! At the 2017 Legendz Classic, Sophia Groth earned a 10.1 on bars (a perfect score plus the one-10th stick bonus unique to this competition). Watch that bar routine below:
5. Stellar TeamsChow's, WOGA, Stars, and more! Top clubs from around the country are bringing their best gymnasts, and whichever way you turn there is sure to be an impressive routine.
Bonus:Sign up to watch the Chow's Challenge and you'll also have access to all of our other exclusive content, including the Buckeye Classic and SCEGA Cal Classic, which are also LIVE this weekend! Gymnastics-palooza!
How to WatchAvailable only with a FloPRO Subscription:
$19.97 monthly or $147 yearly. Yearly FloPRO access is to ALL FloSports sites. SIGN UP HERE
STREAMING: Only on FloGymnastics.com
ON TV: Through the FloSports Roku or Apple TV 4 App