15 Legendary Routines Every Gymnast Needs To Watch
1. Olga Korbut - Crazy Cool Bar Routine, 1972 Olympic In Munich
Korbut performed this jaw-dropping bar routine in the event finals of the 1972 Olympic Games for a 9.800.
2. Nadia Comaneci - Perfect 10 on Bars, 1976 Olympics in Montreal
Comaneci was just 14 years old when she scored the first-ever perfect 10 during the team competition of the 1976 Olympics.
3. Mary Lou Retton - Stuck vault for AA gold, 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles
Retton needed a 10.00 to win the gold medal, and she did it...twice. She became the first American to win all-around gold at the Olympics.
4. Kim Zmeskal - Floor routine for AA gold, 1991 World Championships
Zmeskal scored a 9.987 and won the gold medal with this routine, becoming the first U.S. woman to win the all-around gold at Worlds.
5. Kerri Strug - One-legged landing for USA gold, 1996 Olympics in Atlanta
Strug injured her foot on her first vault but still went for Vault number 2…well, you know the story…
Kerri talks about this moment in our Legends documentary. Watch the trailer here.
6. Shannon Miller - Beam gold, 1996 Olympics in Atlanta
This routine added a special individual Olympic gold to Miller's long list of accomplishments.
7. Svetlana Khorkina - Bars gold, 2000 Olympics in Sydney
Khorkina's jam-packed bar set earned her a 9.862 and her second Olympic bars gold.
8. Carly Patterson - Clutch floor routine, 2004 Olympics in Athens
Patterson was the female star of the Games in Athens, scoring a 9.712 on this floor routine to clinch the all-around gold.
9. Catalina Ponor - Rock-solid beam for gold, 2004 Olympics in Athens
Ponor nailed this set to earn individual gold on beam for Romania in 2004.
10. Nastia Liukin - Floor routine for AA gold, 2008 Olympics in Beijing
This elegant routine sealed the deal for Liukin's Olympic dream.
11. He Kexin - Flying high to bars gold, 2008 Olympics in Beijing
He Kexin showed off one of the most difficult and beautifully executed bar routines of all time to win gold in Beijing.
12. Shawn Johnson - Bionic beam gold, 2008 Olympics in Beijing
Johnson's clean and confident routine earned her the top spot on beam in Beijing.
13. Gabby Douglas - Exquisite bar set, 2012 Visa Championships
Martha nicknamed her the Flying Squirrel, and this is why…
14. McKayla Maroney - Arguably perfect Amanar, 2012 Olympics in London
Maroney anchored the U.S. women's team on vault in London with this truly stunning Amanar.
15. Aly Raisman - Phenomenal Floor gold, 2012 Olympics in London
Raisman's gigantic tumbling combined with incredible execution made her the best floor worker on the globe in 2012.
We know there are surely more than just 15 that could be included, so let's hear which other routines you think should make the list!
10 Songs You Wish Were Your Floor Music